Listen Live

SPRING HILL, Fla. – A family and their pets escaped from a fire that caused major damage to their Florida home.

Destructive house fire started by air fryer, fire officials say

Fire officials said the home’s kitchen was destroyed and the roof suffered damage.

>> Read more trending news

In a news release, Hernando County Fire and Emergency Services said it was called to a house fire in Spring Hill that started in the kitchen. Fire officials said the fire was started by an air fryer in the kitchen that had been left on all night.

Destructive house fire started by air fryer, fire officials say

Fire officials said the home’s kitchen was destroyed and the roof suffered damage.

Within minutes, fire crews were on the scene and said smoke and flames were visible coming through the roof of the home, WTSP reported.

Photos shared by HCFES on Facebook show the extensive damage caused by the fire to the kitchen and roof of the home.

Destructive house fire started by air fryer, fire officials say

Fire officials said the home’s kitchen was destroyed and the roof suffered damage.

Fire officials said that everyone inside the home, including pets, was able to make it out safely thanks to smoke detectors that alerted them to the fire.