Listen Live

Golfing great Tiger Woods has returned to his home in South Florida to continue his rehabilitation from leg injuries he suffered in last month’s single-car rollover crash in California.

>> Read more trending news

Woods, 45, was seriously injured on the morning of Feb. 23, sustaining leg injuries when his SUV rolled over on a steep highway near Los Angeles.

Woods went on Twitter to update fans about his progress.

“Happy to report that I am back home and continuing my recovery. I am so grateful for the outpouring of support and encouragement that I have received over the past few weeks,” Woods tweeted in a statement. “Thank you to the incredible surgeons, doctors, nurses and staff at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center and Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. You have all taken such great care of me and I cannot thank you enough.

“I will be recovering at home and working on getting stronger every day.”

Woods, a 15-time major champion who trails only Jack Nicklaus by three in overall major titles, had not played an official tournament since he tied for 38th at the November Masters, ESPN reported.

>> Tiger Woods signs long-term video deal with 2K Games

Woods had been recovering from a back procedure in December when he visited the Riviera Country Club to perform hosting duties at the Genesis Invitational the weekend of Feb. 20-21, the sports network reported.

>> Tiger Woods transferred to different California hospital for ‘continuing orthopedic care’

The accident on Feb. 23 was called “purely an accident” by Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva.

“We don’t contemplate any charges whatsoever in this crash,” Villanueva said on Feb. 24. “This remains an accident. An accident is not a crime. They do happen, unfortunately.”

Woods, whose 82 PGA Tour victories is tied with Sam Snead with the most in tour history, suffered open fractures to both the tibia and fibula bones in his right leg after he lost control of the vehicle he was driving on a windy stretch of road in Ranchos Palos Verdes, Golf Digest reported. He had a rod inserted into the tibia to stabilize the fractures, as well as screws and pins inserted into his foot and ankle.