Listen Live

Baylor Medicine offers a wide variety of healthcare specialties and services to our patients in order to deliver care that is competent, caring, and convenient.

MERIDEN, Ct. – A disgruntled Connecticut ambulance service employee accused of targeting ambulance and fire stations with Molotov cocktails is awaiting extradition after being arrested Saturday night in Pennsylvania.

Richard White, 37, was taken into custody during an 8 p.m. traffic stop by Pennsylvania State Police and is being held on a $150,000 bond, WBRE reported.

>> Read more trending news

The extraditable arrest warrant issued for White charges the Meriden, Connecticut, man and Hunter’s Ambulance employee with third-degree arson and burglary. Other charges are pending, the Record-Journal reported.

“This individual has targeted those who we count on to save lives,” Old Saybrook police Chief Michael Spera said in a prepared statement.

According to the newspaper, White’s alleged arson spree began at about 4 p.m. Saturday when he arrived at Hunter’s Ambulance base in Old Saybrook and ignited a makeshift Molotov cocktail inside of the employee room. White was seen fleeing the explosion in a gray Ford Taurus, which he drove to West Main Street in Meriden, where he is accused of throwing another Molotov cocktail at the Hunter’s building in that location.

“The vehicle is seen approaching the ambulance holding bays on the South Vine Street side of the building, where the occupant of the vehicle is seen throwing an already lit object out of the driver side window. The Molotov cocktail strikes the building and the vehicle is seen accelerating from the scene heading west on West Main Street,” Meriden police said in a statement.

Responding officers learned that White was a Hunter’s employee who had been placed on administrative leave earlier in the day following a disciplinary hearing, after which he reportedly got into a “physical altercation” with another employee, the Record-Journal reported.

Police also believe White drove to Roxbury after attacking the Meriden structures, where state police said he “intentionally set fire” to a firehouse and a residential property, the newspaper reported.

Police said no injuries were reported, WBRE reported.