Listen Live

ROCHESTER, N.Y. – A police investigation was conducted Wednesday evening at the home of Lovely Warren, the mayor of Rochester, New York, authorities said.

>> Read more trending news

Property records in Monroe County show Warren as the owner of the home, which she has shared with her husband, Timothy Granison, the Democrat & Chronicle reported. State troopers executed a search warrant at the residence, WROC reported.

Update 9:40 a.m. EDT May 20: An attorney confirmed to the Democrat & Chronicle that Granison was in custody Thursday following a police investigation at the home he shared with his wife, Rochester Mayor Lovely Warren.

“He is in custody,” lawyer John DeMarco, who said he expects to represent Granison, told the newspaper. “I am unclear at this point as to whether the execution of the search warrants and any items seized are in any manner supportive … of their allegations.”

Records obtained by the Democrat & Chronicle showed Granison faces two drug possession charges and a weapon possession charge. He remained jailed Thursday morning. He is expected to appear virtually in court on Thursday for an arraignment, WHEC-TV reported.

Update 10:52 p.m. EDT May 19: Several news outlets in Rochester reported that the target of the investigation was Timothy Granison, the husband of Rochester Mayor Lovely Warren.

The Democrat & Chronicle, quoting two “high-level sources” who were not named, confirmed that Granison was the subject of the search. WROC, also quoting anonymous sources, said Granison was the person of interest in the investigation.

Original report: In a brief statement to reporters, Maj. Barry Chase of the New York State Police confirmed that his department was conducting a “criminal investigation” at Warren’s home, the television station reported. He added the investigation centered around the home Warren owns, the television station reported.

“It’s an ongoing investigation, and we’ll have more for you as soon as we can,” said Chase, who did not elaborate.

Justin Roj, Rochester’s city communications director, said in a statement that “The mayor is just learning about the events that unfolded this afternoon and has no more information than the rest of the community. She hopes to learn more details this evening and will have a statement tomorrow.”

Investigators were seen carrying boxes and bags of evidence out of Warren’s house, WHAM reported. Police left the scene by 7 p.m. EDT, the television station reported.